This is a 1 Meter Long Waterproof digital temperature sensor probe based on DS18B20 sensor. It is very handy for when you need to measure something far away, or in wet conditions. Because they are digital, you don’t get any signal degradation even over long distance.
These 1-wire digital temperature sensors are fairly precise (±0.5°C over much of the range) and can give up to 12 bits of precision from the onboard digital-to-analog converter. They work great with any microcontroller using a single digital pin, and you can even connect multiple ones to the same pin, each one has a unique 64-bit ID burned in at the factory to differentiate them. Usable with 3.0-5.0V systems.
The only downside is they use the Dallas 1-Wire protocol, which is somewhat complex, and requires a bunch of code to parse out the communication. When using with microcontroller put a 4.7k resistor to sensing pin, which is required as a pullup from the DATA to VCC line.
- The probe based on DS18B20 chip
- High-quality stainless steel tube encapsulation waterproof moistureproof prevent rust
- Stainless steel shell 6*50mm
- Power supply range: 3.0V to 5.5V
- Operating temperature range: -55°C to +125°C (-67°F to +257°F)
- Storage temperature range: -55°C to +125°C (-67°F to +257°F)
- Accuracy over the range of -10°C to +85°C: ±0.5°C.
- No other components required, working directly with One Wire data protocol.
- Output lead: red (VCC), yellow(DATA) , black(GND)
- Cable length: 50 cm
Package Includes :
1 x DS18B20 Temperature Sensor
Images are for representation purpose only actual product may differ from actual product.