The A4988 stepper motor driver carrier is a breakout board for Allegro’s A4988 micro stepping bipolar stepper motor driver. The driver features adjustable current limiting, over current and over temperature protection, and five different micro step resolutions (down to 1/16-step). It operates from 8 – 35 V and can deliver up to approximately 1 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (it is rated for 2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling).
- A4988 IC can drive 2A per phrase of the stepper
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Five different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, quarter-step, eighth-step, and sixteenth-step
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout, and crossover-current protection
- Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
Package Includes :
1 x A4988 Stepper Motor Driver With Heatsink
Images are for representation purpose only actual product may differ from actual product.